2018 Technical Committee Applications are open
Call For CADS National Technical Committee Applications (CADS TC)
Applications are now being accepted for positions within the Canadian Adaptive Snowsports National Technical Committee (CADS TC), for the term from May 1st 2018 to April 30th 2019.
The committee is seeking keen and hard-working individuals interested in participating in the technical aspects of CADS. This work will take place by committing involvement to the various sub-committees within the CADS TC.
- Developing and refining the CADS certification process
- Developing and refining the CADS certification standards and content
- Developing and refining standards for the use of adaptive equipment
- Creating, developing and refining the CADS’ manuals and related materials
- Organizing and running pre-course
- Organizing and running the CADS festival
- Liaising with CADS’ partners
- Communication and newsletter creation and distribution
- Tasks, activities or content creation as determined by the TC as appropriate or necessary.
The successful applicant must:
- Be a CADS member in good standing
- Attend monthly teleconference meetings (at minimum)
- Devote the time necessary to complete tasks and assignments (10-20 hours per month)
- Attend face to face meetings up to twice a year (subject to board and budget approval)
- Be available to attend the CADS Eastern Pre-course and/or Western Pre-course. (Subject to board and budget approval)
The TC Application Selection Committee will review the applications and determine the successful candidates. Each completed application form received by the Mar 1st deadline will be reviewed by Mar 9th 2018. Each candidate will subsequently be contacted and their status discussed with them.
Please Click Here to read more and download the application form.
Alpine Technical Committee 2017-2018
Clare Logan, AB
Michelle Schaefer, BC
Brian Rode, BC
Thomas Griffith, AB
Jamie McCulloch, AB
Jamie Spencer, ON
Hirokazu Ozawa, NS
CADS Technical Committee Responsibilities:
The Technical Committee will ensure that the divisional snow sports programs are being delivered at an appropriate level of expertise:
Reviewing and updating, as needed, all written technical material and teaching methods. The Technical Committee will ensure that the technical material used for the delivery of CADS Certification courses throughout Canada is the most current and of appropriate level.Â In ongoing cooperation and collaboration with other applicable national or provincial organizations, set content and staffing for all certification courses where needed.
The Technical Committee is accountable to the Board of Directors for the following tasks:
- Regular reports to the Board of Directors, membership (Newsletter & annual report)
- Plan for and deliver annual Pre-Courses in West and East
- Submission of committee contact list, agendas & minutes to CADS Board for accurate record keeping & continuity
- Annual submission of recommended budget, and operating within assigned budget
- Examiner reports submitted to the CADS Executive Director